Multiple orgasms are the holy grail of women’s pleasure. Everyone knows someone who swears she can pull it off, but few women actually experience multiples for themselves. But if you’ve never had multiples, don’t give up just yet.
OMGYES, Indiana University, and the Kinsey Institute teamed up to deliver the most detailed information we have so far about how to achieve multiple orgasms. Through in-depth interviews with 1,000 women, and a nationally representative survey of an additional 1,055 women, OMGYES compiled what’s basically a how-to guide for having mind-blowing multiples, backed up by IRL techniques from the women who have them. Consider this your Definitive Multiple Orgasm Bible. Best of luck to you all! Amen!
1. After thy first orgasm, remove thy fingers from thy clitoris. Of the 47 percent of women who reported being able to have multiple orgasms at all, a little more than half (53 percent) said they couldn’t stand any pressure or touching on their clits right after orgasm no. 1, even if they typically find it easier to come from clit stimulation in general. In a video demonstration for OMGYES, a woman named Lee (who’s been having multiples for years) said she’s “so sensitive after that first orgasm that it would be like way too intense to directly touch the clit,” so she prefers to switch things up and stimulate her labia for orgasms two and beyond.
Lydia Daniller, an OMGYES co-founder, echoed that sentiment. “Something we heard was that a lot of women felt they couldn’t have multiples because right after that first orgasm, their clits were super sensitive,” she told Cosmopolitan.com. After all that blood rushes directly to your most sensitive body part, any touching can feel almost like pain for some women.
2. Thou shalt treat thy body like a brand new body after each orgasm. While it seems counterintuitive to not do the great thing that gets you off every single time, it doesn’t necessarily work when going for seconds (and thirds and fourths and fifths, etc., etc., omg). Like the clit thing, that’s because your body is too hyped after orgasm no. 1 and needs something new to ~*~MiX iT uP~*~ for round two.
“Something we heard again and again was that if you treat your body after that first orgasm like a whole new body, you can have multiples,” Daniller said. How fun! Just when you thought you had all your spots located, you get to start all over again. Aren’t bodies just the best? (Sort of?)
3. Thou shalt try making a “clit sandwich” for orgasm no. 2. Study participant Sidney describes how she comes after her first orgasm thusly: “One of the greatest things that I learned from an old lover of mine is to squeeze the lips and then move them, and I could achieve a second orgasm really quickly, and I could keep doing that with the squeezing of the lips a number of times.” This move is described as a “clit sandwich,” where you gently sandwich the clit between your labia majora and pulse. Sidney is one of the few women who says she can actually have immediate multiples — like she doesn’t need a recovery period at all — which is pretty rare, so wow, go Sidney.
4. Thou shalt give thy partner Very Specific Instructions. Masturbating is, by far, the best way to learn what makes your body have multiple Os. Then, according to Rob Perkins, an OMGYES co-founder, being direct with your partner about what you want is the best bet women have at achieving multiple orgasm gold. “What we found in these studies is that women who speak specifically about what they like are eight times more likely to be happy in their relationship, and six times more likely to be sexually satisfied,” he said. And what could be more sexually satisfying than being sexually satisfied multiple times in a row???
5. Keep practicing and thou shalt get better at orgasming with age. Perkins said that a lot of women in the study didn’t find out they could have multiple orgasms until they were a bit older — probably just because they’ve had more time to experiment with their own vulvas. So while the number they reached for women who can have multiple orgasms is only 47 percent, he surmises that it’s probably higher than that because younger women just haven’t unlocked their full orgasmic potential yet.
YAY. Something to look forward to, if you’re a Millennial woman who longs for extended periods of bliss but just can’t quite get there. Good things come (and come again) (😉) to those who wait, apparently.
6. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s multiple orgasms. Multiple orgasms just unfortunately aren’t for everyone. It’s not a defect, your clit and vagina aren’t betraying your or anything, it’s just something that only works for some lucky women. Getting frustrated that you haven’t made it happen yet just makes it harder to relax and let it happen.
And you know the old saying: If at first you only have one orgasm, try, try the clit sandwich again. The road to success is paved with failure, but how can you honestly consider an activity that at least results in one orgasm a failure? Count your orgasms like the blessings they are and stay blessed, my children.
This is something i had to throw in myself and that is, have her smoke some weed if you can! If you do that and make her have a mind blowing orgasms or a few of them she will be knocking on your door at 3am every morning for at least a week!! lol